Welcome to Taylor’s Ham!
Delight in musings on music and food from the five boroughs and beyond (meaning, like, New Jersey)!
I’m starting this blog because I need a new writing project and am inspired by Taylor Swift and all-things-New-Jersey, but mostly Taylor Ham–the delicious breakfast meat also known as Pork Roll in public school cafeterias. Taylor Ham is an essential component to a complete New Jersey diner dining experience. Wherever you’re from, if you are one day starved and lost on the New Jersey Turnpike or Garden State Parkway (a more common-than-you-think phenomenon), take an exit and discover a diner. You won’t be sorry.
Anyway, I thought I’d fuse Taylor Swift with Taylor Ham to create a sensational music-food amalgam mostly focused on pop culture and eats. Don’t contain yourself. Be thrilled.
A few things about this blog:
- You’ll notice Taylor Swift lyrics in the posts. Instead of writing, “Why it’s Good,” “Why it Sucks,” and “The Bottomline” in my reviews, I’m utilizing popular Taylor song titles. If you don’t think they’re “popular,” beef up your pop culture IQ, friend.
- I love pop music and live music. You’ll see posts about everything from local country bands to Lady Gaga. You’ll love it.
- I am a discerning critic of hamburgers. But I enjoy all food and consider my entire dining experience when reviewing each restaurant. Translation: Service matters.
- Yeah, that’s all you need to know.
- Oh, my name is really Nicole. But the other names aren’t real. Or they’re real but not in a way that you’d understand.
Do you think Taylor Swift will read this and … want a Taylor Ham and Egg Sandwich?
As Julia Child once (or many times) said in her songbird (…) trill, bon appetit!*
*I really mean Meryl Streep’s songbird trill. Her face and voice in Julie and Julia infects my brain.
ps – Don’t forget about makeshift dialect! It’s alive and I’m well, which is why it’s not frequently updated.